Saturday, January 13, 2007

Update....

Well we are on Day 2 of being house-bound due to the storm. I was excused early from school on Friday morning because of the weather. We ended up so far with about 2-3 inches of sleet. We are supposed to get 2 or 3 more tomorrow. We have been lucky. Other parts of the area have freezing rain/sleet mix and are without power. My grandparents in Grove are some of them. If they don't get power back by tomorrow Mr. Outdoors is going to go try and get them and bring them here.

There was a lot of TV watching, board game playing and knitting going on today, I'm teaching myself cables. It's coming along ok. I had to stop to help Em with her newest knitting project and to make Mr. Outdoors another stocking cap. His other one was knit by me after a little less than 2 months of knitting. Needless to say it didn't last long.

If you are in this storm, stay safe. If not, pray for those who are in this storm without power, water, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and your family are safe and snuggly-warm at home.

I hope the power comes back on for your grandparents.

The weather is calling for some snow here in Chicago today...I'll believe it when I see it!

Keep warm...and happy knitting!

kaoticorchid said...

Hey, it's good to hear you guys made it through without losing power. We lost our internet for a couple of days (luckily I have alternative means for logging on), but it looks like everyone in the metro area can start climbing out of our holes now. Stay safe and warm-this is a great time for knitting and hot cocoa!