Monday, March 26, 2007
I'm so excited that I can now watch Knitty Gritty!
If you already have DIY, here's a few announcements I found while I was surfing.
The Yarn Harlot will be on April 17 at 1:00 pm and Cookie A will be on with her toe up socks on April 4th at 1:00 pm (CST)
If you want to check out all the new episodes go here.
Anywho, sorry for such a long post. I just have been so bottled up with blogging, but unable to do it. Plus it rained for most of my spring break. YUCK! Now, just counting the days until May 31st and the last day of school. WOO HOO!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
and more mitered squares....
Em's Cape is done! WOO HOO! I just need to block and get a button for it this week.
Last weekend playing with the dogs on the swing set. Cowboy loves to climb the ladder and then slide down the slide.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
I'm also trying to get myself in order. Which is a whole other story LOL.
Friday, March 09, 2007
This is my Christmas! March Madness is starting, NASCAR is in full swing and I'm set. I have quite a few guilty pleasures. I'll list a few of the less embarrassing ones.
2. College Basketball (mainly Creighton, Oral Roberts University and of course my 1st love, Oklahoma State).
3. Gangsta' Rap (LOVE it)
4. Big Band Music
5. mini makeovers (or as I call it, "SPA night" where I put on my PJ's at like 4 in the afternoon. Take a shower, exfoliate, paint my nails, put on a face mask, color my hair, and watch above mentioned sports. I screen my calls, and although sometimes I have 2 little girls doing it with me, sometimes I pawn them off on their grandparents so I can indulge.
What are some of your guilty pleasures (by the way this is not a Meme, but feel free to post in the comments or on your own blog)?
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Em pulled out her 1st upper tooth on Sunday. It was a big event and she's been talking a little funny (lisp) since then, but it's so darn cute! She's been looking over my shoulder at the new Knitty and has already requested Monica in a couple of shades of pink.
If anyone out there has more to add, let me know!
Monday, March 05, 2007
1. If you cheat on my you will find an appendage removed from your body the locks changed and your clothes out on the lawn.
2. There will NEVER EVER be any formerly alive animals in my house.
Not only do we have the deer (which is huge) in the house, but it's in the living room and the way he has it on the wall it stares at me from my favorite knitting chair. I'm certain he did it on purpose, but that' s just me.
I'm over being crabby with him. I'm also certain that PMS has been visiting me since late last week so I'll just blame it on either Premenstrual Syndrome, or the other PMS (Pissy Man Syndrome).
On the knitting front, I've been getting quite a bit done, well, quite a bit since we have been really busy with work, and kid stuff this week (more busy than usual). I have decided to come up with a plan to finish Nan's blanket (1/2 way done, 40 more to go).
- On each weekday I will commit myself to finishing 2 squares.
- On the weekend I will commit myself to 3 squares.
- Any time after the squares are finished on a particular day I am allowed to work on something else (Em's cape).
Also my grandmother's birthday looms. While I had thought about a purse, after visiting yesterday it's quite clear that she doesn't need/want a purse. I was thinking along the lines of something pretty to put on a table (a doilie) or something to put on the back of a wooden chair. If I had time (her birthday is April 9th, but I would have until the 14th) I would make a shawl in a white or ecru lace weight yarn that she could put somewhere pretty, but I don't think I have the time. Any suggestions?