Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Funk Potion #2...

While stressing, freaking out, and just plain being sad, Mr. Outdoors came home from my friend L's house (he was working on some cabinets for her and her hubby) with a bag of 26 knitting mags. They are mostly Vogue Knitting, some Fashion knitting, and Knitting Elegance from 1983 - 1996 and they are Grrrrrreat! Thanks so much L. You are a doll.
I apologize in advance for the crappy photo. But I'm working on some mitered squares for Nan's newly requested item. She wants a "blankee" So I'm working on it.
I have also worked on and just finished mailing two scarves for the Red Scarf Project
nothing like waiting until the last minute. I just forgot to take pictures of them. I've been blinded by a few things recently and I've just not been myself.
Anyway, I also finished another hat for Kate's Caps , So I'm up to 3 now. The last one was very special. It was out of these really cute red soft furry yarn that I got a little over a year ago to make some fuzzy socks for my great aunt Joyce. She told us 12/26/05 that she had cancer. She got out of the hospital and went to a nursing home(in the hospital) on 1/3/06. She had Stage 3 lung cancer. It was devastating that she even got sick. This woman was so special to me and still is. Anyway, I got 1/2 of one of the socks done and then she died. I tore out the sock, but couldn't bare to use the yarn for anything else. Last week I picked up the yarn without thinking about it and started working on the hat. When I was about 80% finished I thought about what the yarn was orginally for. I thought, "How perfect!" I know that Joyce was watching over me.
Last week Nan (4 y/o) started having problems at daycare and just in general with her behavior and anxiety. Anyway, it was hideous, but it's coming along better, at least today. Yesterday she was sick with a weird virus. My grandfather who raised me and in every sense of the word is my "Daddy". He's been having prostate problems. We found out today that his problems are NOT cancer (YEE HAW), but still he will have to have surgery, hopefully at the end of the week.
Also tomorrow, well I guess today (it is after midnight) is the one year anniversary of Joyce's death.
Tomorrow is a better day....HAS to be!

1 comment:

Missy said...

I'm sending warm thoughts and wishes of peace to you today. (((hugs)))