Friday, January 19, 2007

Popping in...what day is it?

I'm at a total lost as to what day it is! We've been so off this week. No school at all this week. Below is a picture of the pine trees that someone took that lives in the same town as my grandparents. They got power this morning so we are very happy! Thanks for all the thoughts, we were really worried for awhile.

This is what it looks like outside my house. doesn't look like much right? A few inches of snow? Nope, that is 4 inches of sleet pellets.
One baby bootee! I have another one done. I'll post the entire set once I take a picture.
TADA! Here are the Fetching fingerless mittens which are my VERY FIRST cabled item! I'm so proud. I knit them out of Blue Sky Cotton. They are so luscious! I had JUST casted off of those and couldn't wait to take a picture of them. Also I HAVE to say that "You were right!" Who? All of you! Everyone told me that cables were just intimidating, but very very easy! ABSOLUTELY! Now I'm on a cable kick!
Now on for another suprise! Another storm is coming in tomorrow early morning. They are saying that here in Bville we will get anywhere from 8-12 inches of snow. I wonder if we will EVER go back to school!

I've been trying to hard to keep the kids busy. My friend T came over yesterday with her kids and we had playdates. I also had to go to Tulsa yesterday so I HAD to stop by my LYS . I didn't buy much only spend $19.95!!! That must be a record! Last night I went out with my friend T. It was kind of funny when Mr. Outdoors asked, "Why are you going on in the ice to go out!" I told him that we were going to run and grab a bite to eat, run to the mall quickly and then go to Wal-Mart to stack up on supplies for the newest storm. So my girls night out ended up consisting of sharing an appetizer at a restaurant, a margarita, and a trip to the bookstore and then standing in line for over an hour at Wal=Mart with out basket of milk, eggs and bread. However, we thought it might be fun to do it like that from now on. We stood in line FOREVER but it was fun because I had my friend and we just laughed and talked.

I feel so out of whack though. I don't feel depressed, just out of my normal loop. Hopefully sometime next week we will be back to normal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The evergreen photo is really beautiful.

Fetching was one of my first cable projects too. Isn't funny how difficult cables look until you actually knit? They're an easy way to impress your non-knitting and novice knitting pals!

I really like the color of your fetching...ice blue --- inspired by your weather?!