Thursday, January 11, 2007

Batten down the hatches....

Well I've taken a few hits recently.

See here and here.... but I'm still going along. However, with 2 hats completed for Kate's Caps, a hat, and kimono for my friends birthday. I am about 1/2 way done with the first bootee to complete the layatte set. Tonight will be spent getting ready. For what? A cabin fever weekend!

From the weather man on Channel 6:

A WINTER STORM WATCH will be issued for portions of NE OK mainly north of a line from McAlester to Fayetteville inlcuding the Tulsa area. This watch will begin Friday at NOON and continue through 6 PM SUNDAY. Winter Storm or Ice Storm Warnings may be needed during this time period. Windy and Warm today across most of the area with a slight chance of scattered showers this afternoon and evening. A major arctic air mass will invade the area early Friday morning and conditions appear favorable for a Significant Ice Storm for portions of the area this weekend. Rain changing to freezing rain and sleet will be possible as early as Friday evening over NE OK with the freezing precip. spreading southeastward with time Saturday.

According to Mr. Outdoors, he will be chopping wood this afternoon, when I get home I'll be cleaning out the fireplace, bringing the existing firewood from the rack to the back porch (out of the rain and moisture). Going grocery shopping, going to my local craft store, and the library (activities for the girls). It looks like we are going to be house bound for at least Friday evening through Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to get LOTS of knitting time. Although Mr. Outdoors has also informed me that I will also be having to finish up a little painting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathies on the basketball loss. We root for the University of CT, and the men lost to Marquette last night. Too many freshmen on the team this year. Thank goodness we have the women's team to root for. They let us down less often (although they did lose to Tennessee last Saturday).

Stay safe in the bad weather.