Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ooooohhhh! I'm all tingly!

Ok, so I finally finished some projects that have been gnawing at me to finish. I only have one left which is the Irish Hiking Scarf for Norma. I completed the baby gift (1 hat, 1 kimono, and 2 pairs of bootees) for my friend's shower today (I have pictures just need to upload them when I get home). I also organized my stash and laid out what I need to do next (not necessarily in order).

  • fingerless gloves for homeless family member (by request)
  • start afghan for cousin and fiancee.
  • mittens for Nan
  • as many hats as I can possibly knit for Kate's Caps.

THen my list got a little shorter even when the Divine Miss Em came home from 2nd grade yesterday. She was smiling a HUGE smile and was waving a green flyer at me! She hopped in the van and said, "Guess what mom? We are having a science fair here in town and it's in March and I want to do it and it's going to be awesome and I love science, can we do it, huh? huh? Huh? HUH?" Mind you that was all said at an incredibly high rate of speed. As soon as I saw teh flyer though I was SO excited. I LOVE SCIENCE FAIRS! I know I know, HUGE geek, but then again I am a science teacher. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going to do the entire thing for her or really even help much, but I will make it a learning experience. We will find a topic that will interest her AND help her learn something. My job is to help her with the scientific method part of thigns and reporting data, controlling the experiement, Making sure that she has a hypothesis going into it, those kinds of things.

Bad news: We have to have it ready for March 2nd! Is that not crazy????

Ok, I think I'll stop now, because I am sounding WAY too much like her now! LOL Have a great day! Oh, and thanks for all the suggestions for the project. Now I think we are on hold until at least March2!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny about the science fair! I've found that it's a lot easier for me to come up with science fair project ideas since I've been a grownup.