Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Road trip anyone???

Ok, so I'm feeling a little energized today. Not really sure why. Maybe because I was able to get everything out of my system.

I'm thinking that I need to take a trip. Mr. Outdoors goes to Canada every year to go fishing for 10 days. He is going to Mexico in a few weeks to go fishing and he goes hunting/fishing...something all of the time. Now I'm not compeltely innocent. I have a scrapbooking crop group that I go to twice a month (usually I knit and not crop, but they don't care) and once a month I play cards with the girls. But I need a trip. A trip to re-energize, a trip to make me feel more like a human being and less like everyone's maid. Now, this is a big step because I have NEVER been on a trip without my family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, or husband). So I'm thinking and I'm cruising Orbitz and I started thinking. ANy of you Oklahoma knitters want to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool? I found a deal for $414 to fly out of Tulsa on Friday evening (5:45), into Baltimore. It's a nice hotel, complete with a car. Then the flight leaves back out Sunday evening (around 6pmEST). The hotel is a suite, complete with a kitchen. I was looking if we had 4 the price would go down below $375 a person, which means we could spend more on wool! LOL. ANyway, email me (theprocrastiknitter at yahoo dot com) if you are interested. Penny I'm thinking of you and Missy and whoever else. We would be tired, because it's such a quick trip, but then there would be very little of missing work too!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Ooh, very tempting! I will definitely discuss this with the hubby.

Penny said...

I will discuss with my hubby too, but I'm seriously interested, and the price sounds great!

kaoticorchid said...

My goodness! I am soooo tempted to take you up on that, unfortunately, money's strapped while we're working on our house. I've been wanting to go to MS&W for years!

Stephanie said...

I'm in for MS&W --- for sure this year!

Interweave Knits is sponsoring a fesival outside of Chicago this summer too! I'm going to post some details on my blog.