Monday, October 09, 2006

The Soaring Eagles Project and Actual Knitting Proof...

Ok, we now have a blog and a plan for my little charity knitting idea. Follow THIS LINK for all the details!

And FINALLY some knitting progress pictures.

Em's recycled yarn sweater. 100% merino wool sweater. Yarn was bought as a men's sweater at a garage sale for 25 cents. I unraveled the sweater, dyed it using pink lemonade and strawberry K*ol-Aid. I still have 2 pounds left for Nan's sweater that she wants for her birthday in December. We shall see if that happens or not.

This is the newly started back of the 3xs chic sweater from Knitty. It's for my SIL for Christmas. She is a tiny little thing that wears an XXS, so the XS sizing will make a big comfy sweater for her. I'm just making it out of Lion Brand Jiffy. It's fun to knit and rather quick too.

If you are looking for the Perfect Sweater pattern, Mason -Dixon Knitting has figured it out and is giving out the pattern for FREE!

My dishcloths were mailed to a wonderful Aussie that I just adore. Hopefully she'll get them in 7 to 10 days. At least that's what the post office said! LOL.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great idea, I am finally catching up on some blog reading and missed the previous few posts. I am going to go check out the blog.

Susan said...

Hey, ok if I mention this on my blog? It's a great idea and I'll try to make something that doesn't need 'gauge' just sayin' :-)

Craftybernie said...

The pink sweater turned out great. What a great bargain - 25c - and you've even got yarn left over! It has knit up beautifully!

Pioggia said...

Recycling is great, one wishes for better sweaters at the thrift store.

L. said...

Your recycled sweater looks great...and I just love the stressed out (oops) cat picture.