Sunday, October 01, 2006

Promises and Deadlines....

Hi! Yes, I'm still alive. Mr. Outdoors got me a cheesy card that stated he would "help" me buy a laptop, which is his way of getting out of buying me anything and well I could go on and on because I'm mad at him right now, but I"ll be over it soon....maybe! LOL.

Last week, at the beginning, I didn't get much done. Thursday night I realized that Em's 7th birthday is on the 7th of October. I PROMISED that I would have her sweater done by then, but had taken an almost month long hiatus from it because I was annoyed and bored with it. As of THursday night I had just the front and back done, as well as 3/4 of the 1st sleeve. Well, as of 10:30pm on Sunday night I have it all together and just have to finish sewing the other sleeve on. It's coming along nicely, but now I'm pressured since she looks over my shoulder and says, "It doesn't look done, remember a promise is a promise!". So I'm pressed to have it done by her family party on Friday night. Which will be interesting to give her a wool sweater when the predicted high for the entire week is 95 degrees F or above.

In other knitting news, I have finished two dishcloths for the swap which have to be out by the 10th to a lovely lady in Austrailia.

My MIL decided to be very kind and reveal a secret that was hiding in her closet. 9 sweaters. She gave me 9 wool sweaters. 7 of which are 3XL men's for FIL that have never been worn, let alone the tags even taken off. I'm looking forward to pulling these babies apart soon. But that will have to wait for the scarf to be finished and the two other sweaters I have waiting in the wings!

1 comment:

Pioggia said...

You're almost there! I'm sure you'll finish that sweater on time. And when you do, you'll have a lot of fun ripping those sweaters you got from your MIL.