Thursday, July 20, 2006

WWYD?

OK so I got eh B4 bag pattern and couldn't decide how to go about making it. I decided to make a ladybug themed B4 bag for MIL for her birthday. Since the decision to make the bag and starting the bottom, said MIL pissed me off royally. I mean, I'm really mad at her and she keeps doing the thing that makes me mad on purpose. So how do you knit something for someone you know will enjoy it, but lots of negative energy is going into the bag because I'm mad. This ever happen to you? Grandma P's 1st two dishcloths. If you have never made a Mason Dixon Warshrag, you really should as they are EXCELLENT for washing dishes!
Anklet sock I'm making from some Lion Brand Magic Stripes that I got for $2 at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. Also our backyard, and the way backyard (property behind the chain linked fence is also ours), and of course the wretched trampoline.
Last night we went to Grandma P's and Pa Al's. I picked 10 quarts of blackberries (thornless) and the girls ran around in the sprinkler like maniacs.

THe little wooden figure behind the girls is known to our family as "The Man". "THe Man" is a wooden cutout that has an attachment to hold a waterhose. The waterhose swings back and forth to water the grass. It is the girls' favorite thing to do when we go to visit!

ON tap for today is mowing, garage sale-ing, freezing blackberries, cleaning, packing B for his fishing trip, and hopefully some knitting. We were so happy that our friends Dick and Judy from Nebraska came to visit us last night (they are in town visiting her family) and we are going out without the girls and going to dinner with them tonight! I know you are probably thinking, "Big Deal", but B and I hardly EVER ( like 2 xs a year) go our without the girls. It's also nice when family members argue about who gets to keep the girls this evening! LOL. BTW, SIL won out this time!

3 comments:

Pioggia said...

I'd put off that bag until later. There's no point in knitting if you're not enjoying it.

Sharon said...

My MIL does that sort of thing all the time and I have adopted the following to deal with her:

Have you or kids watched the movie Madagascar? In it there is a part where the penguins say just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave.

When she p****s me off now I say to myself 'just smile and wave, just smile and wave'!! I would still make her the bag and with a bit of luck she will feel a bit of a cow for being so mean to you :)

Isn't the B4 bag a great pattern!!

Procrastiknitter said...

LOL Sharon! I'm all for making her feel like a cow! LOL THanks for cheering me up a bit.