Monday, July 17, 2006

Damn liability....I mean trampoline...

OK, so the unpacking in the house is complete. The attic is packed. The flower beds are dug. THe yard is mowed (that's a whole other story). And 1/2 of the trampoline is complete. Last year for their birthdays, the ILs got the girls a trampoline and safety net. It was great but it is a b*tch to put together and take down. The girls have been begging for it to be put up, so this morning I got out at 8am and started working on it. After 2 hand injuries I got mad and vowed to at least get the springs and lower part finished. Tomorrow I'll do the safety net. My new rule is all outdoor work must be completed by 10:30am. Today's high will be around 104. It's been over a 100 for the past few days with heat indexes in the 110-115's. Knitting on the suprise object is completed with pictures to follow sometime today or tomorrow.

I found myself thinking about Christmas gifts and how I wanted to get a start on it this year, because I've improved much more than just scarfs and hats like last year. I started a list of people in my life that would appreciate knitted gifts and then I realized.....CRAP! MIL and B's grandmother's birthdays are next week! Oh the horror! These crept up on me. Grandma P's birthday is next Tuesday and MIL's 50th birthday is next Thursday. They need to be something nice as B and every male relative he has are going to Canada to go fishing from the 21st to the 30th. ANy ideas for Grandma P? She doesn't wear socks and is a very very plain Jane in a hot climate. MIL is getting a pair of socks and maybe a few dishcloths because I've already made her two felted purses and a pair of ballet slippers last month. But I do need hints for Grandma P.

No comments: