Friday, July 14, 2006

Special Report....

The following entry is written by none other than our resident investigative reported Em (6.75 y/o). We were discussing blogs, and my blog in general and she said she wanted to write on it. So the following is an account of what has been happening in our house recently.


Hi. My name is Em and I will be 7 in October. We just moved into our new house. My favorite color is pink. My sister Nan is 3 and a 1/2 and she is very naughty and likes to break my stuff. Our new house is very cool. It has a big back yard and a fence and a porch and my mom said that when she wished for a big back yard for us that she wished that she had thought to wish for a free riding mower because the back yard is a hill and she doesn't like to mow it. My dad doesn't mow the yard because he is at work and then he is too lazy when he gets home. My mom knits all of the time but she is not knitting much now because she is unpacking our house but she's knitting something now but she won't tell us what it is. Did you know that there is a new rule at our house? My mom and dad told me and my sister that you have to wear a shirt outside in the backyard and my sister just runs naked all of the time anyway. My dog likes our new house but she barks a lot. I am knitting a scarf for my barbies. I like to knit. My mom is taking my sister and me to the craft show in Tulsa today. I bet that we won't stay very long because my sister will get bored and scream. My grandpa and cousins and everyone comes to our new house all of the time. My mom should lock the door and shut the curtains so we can hide. I love Oklahoma.

*Edited for spelling only at the author's request. LOL

2 comments:

Me said...

Out of the mouth of babes! Daddy is too lazy to mow! So funny. And wanting to hide from the family too. How precious...and I relate to both sentiments! My favorite color is pink too, Em!!

Sharon said...

Well done Em!!

The dad in this house is always too lazy to mow the lawn and the mum knits all the time too;)