Thursday, July 27, 2006

New digs and buttons...

You can tell I've been busy. I was ready to update my blog with a new look, getting rid of old links and bringing in some new ones. I'm just thrilled that i also took time from sleeping to finally make myself a button with the beautiful and talented puppy Lilee Ann on it. SHe was sitting on my lap as I made it and was intrigued.

The past few days have been interesting. Lots of company including my best friend and her son, "Booter". We had such a great time. Being closer to them (2.5 hours) is one of the reasons that I wanted to move. We've been best friends since we were 6 and are closer now than ever.

As far as knitting goes, I'm done for now with birthday presents. I'm waiting for my trip to Tulsa next week when I START MY NEW JOB (Eeeeks, is it back to school already) to go to the LYS to get some yarn for the next B4 bag. Em decided that she wants a mitered square blanket for her birthday (in October) so that's what I've been working on. That and trying to figure out exactly what I want to do for Christmas gifts this year. While at Wally World today I picked up the new Creative Knitting issue (Sept 06) a few standard sweater ideas I'm toying with.

Also looking for a tutorial on how to unravel a sweater. I found some great wool sweaters at a garage sale last week and am trying to figure out how to unravel them correctly. Any online tutorials for that?

4 comments:

Me said...

Rachael, I love the new look of the blog. I was jealous that you got out so much earlier than I did, but now, not so much! I don't go back until the Tuesday after Labor Day. Good Luck on the new job!

http://www.neauveau.com/recycledyarn.html

Me said...

I spelled your name wrong! Too many Rachaels in my life!!

I hate when people misspell mine, so I apologize.

...lashes self with self-striping sock yarn!...

Pioggia said...

Go to the ReKal site (http://rekal.zibibboisgood.com/). Have fun unraveling those sweaters.

Penny said...

I think your blog looks great! Try this link for a great recycled yarn tutorial.

How far outside of Tulsa are you? I live in Tulsa, and would love to meet up with some local knitters. I think my quilting group is secretly concerned about all the knitting I'm doing vs. my lack of quilt making (none at all for at least a year).