Friday, July 28, 2006

Ideas ideas ideas....

OK, I'm full of it....ideas that is. For awhile now I was wanting to do a dish cloth exchange. I'm not exactly what that would entail, but so far I only have 2 takers besides myself. This is the last offer out there. If I don't have more response (like say 6 or 7 total) then I'll shelf the idea for another time.

EDITED: ** I was thinking that we would have sign ups starting August 1 and then closing August 10th. THe dishcloths would have to be sent no later than October 1st, or later depending on how many dishcloths we wanted to knit per person.

I have decided that as of September 1st or a little earlier I will NOT be buying anymore yarn until Christmas! WTF? You might say? Well I think I might be able to do it. I did the Stashalong earlier this year and it was SO productive, however, my stash is still completely out of control again as I made many yarn purchases over the summer. I'm going to plan a list of what I want to make for whom and for birthdays and/or Christmas. Get the patterns, plan it out and buy ONLY yarn that is absolutely necessary. I will not start any additional projects that are not related to Christmas or birthdays from Sept 1-December 31. I think I'll call it "Stashbusting for the holidays". This will also really help with my Christmas budget and I won't be freaking out and knitting garter stitch scarves 3 days before Christmas like last year. Anyone else want to jump on the wagon with me?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I'm one of the two, because I'm pretty sure I expressed an interest, but now I don't remember precisely.

Susan said...

when were they going to be due? I'm not the fastest knitter in the world LOL