Monday, May 08, 2006

Ideas?

OK, I know what people need here in Nebraska because the climate is very typical of the 4 seasons. However, I'm not sure what to do about a friend that lives in Oklahoma. Recently my friend R has been diagnosed with breast cancer and now it is in her lymph nodes as well. She is the mother of a beautiful 14 y/o girl who I just adore as well. I got a call from my grandmother last night that said that the chemo is going poorly and the R finally allowed her daughter to shave her head since the hair was coming out so bad. I would love to find a lacey, lightweight chemo cap pattern or an idea of a shawl or wrap that she could use even this summer. Any ideas? I'm just not sure for a warm, humid climate what would be something I could make for her. She loves anything that is handmade, but I'm not sure how much time I have to make anything. Suggestions?

2 comments:

Elysbeth said...

How about the chemo cap off the Lion Brand Website? You could use something snuggly soft and breathable. Good Luck!
Elysbeth C.

Pioggia said...

Maybe the shedir chemo cap from knitty. It's a lovely cabled pattern:

http://www.knitty.com/issuefall04/knittyF04surp.pdf