Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mind games, Boots, and work oh my!

MIL is up to her old tricks again and pissing me off. We had a major altercation (totally her fault and she apoloized in writing) last week while the guys were in Canada. I thought it was water under the bridge. I didn't give Mr. Outdoors the entire play by play because it was over and done with. Today (exactly one week later) she calls him into the house (he works in a shop behind their house). She proceeds to interrogate him as to what I told him. She fills in the blanks with utter lies and pisses Mr. Outdoors off, however her mission was accomplished he was mad at me. He calls and wants to know why I didn't talk to him and tell him everything (because if I have a conversation not related to the Outdoors it has to be less than 5 minutes or he shuts down and quits listening.). We have lived near the in-laws for less than 2 months and already the drama is at an all time high. I've really never been so ready to pick up, leave and go back to Nebraska.

On other notes, I'm freaking out because I start working in 2 days and I'm so not ready to give up my summer.

My plantar fasciitis is back and with a vengeance. Very painful and quite awful. I went to both an orthopedist and a podiatrist today and was told that I have to go back to wearing the boot (knee high fracture boot) until the 25th when my orthodic is ready. Then I'll use that for a month, see how it works and then most likely (both said 80%) I'll be having surgery on my foot. Grrrr. When it rains it pours.

I'm working on the GSCS and it's coming along slowly, but nicely. I started the 1st sleeve today. I'm hoping to be finished sometime by the weekend...hopefully.

*** Oh and the August MagKnits is out. I'm kind of disappointed. Nothing totally fabulous that catches my eye.

8 comments:

Elysbeth said...

Have you tried Earth shoes yet? I avoided surgery with these homely but very comfortable little guys. I even scored a pair of summer sandals at Von Maur on sale after wearing the "appropriate" for work Earth shoes. When a co-worker wore Das Boot for 5 weeks, had foot injections, etc and then switched...No Symptoms!

Craftybernie said...

You have my sympathy. My problems are with my lunatic mother. I live 2000 miles away from her and she still gets under my skin (she's in Spain, we're in UK).

Having said that, we haven't spoken for a few months since she went off on one a while back (long story), and it's been the most pleasant few months that me and Mr CB have had in years.

You're in my thoughts!

bernie

Me said...

I adore my MIL, she is the best.

However, my first mother-in-law was German (nothing against Germans--just imagine how much meaner the insults sounded with a thick Bavarian accent) and she was so harsh and mean-spirited that I privately called her my monster-in-law...way before the movie.

The first time I met her she called me a "stupid moron" because I didn't know how to make her vodka and tonic correctly. (I made it normally...if she had said, "vodka on the rocks with a drop of tonic", then I would have had it right).

Oh, did I mention, she was a RAVING alcoholic? Needless to say, with her hating me, and me hating her...I miss her NOT at all.

After my divorce, she moved from NY to Michigan because I "wouldn't let her see her grandsons anyway". This, after about 13 phone calls in one week asking to see them and me finally telling her to call my ex (their father, her son--after all) to set up a visit with him because the beauty of the divorce meant that I didn't have to pretend to like her or deal with her bullshit anymore.

My ex took his new wife to meet her two years ago...they were scheduled to stay with her for a week. I got a phone call from my oldest son after ONE DAY. They were in Chicago instead, because she had somehow or other upset the new wife. What a bitch!

**rant over** Sorry!

Hope your MIL improves...or at least your husband realizes that he needs to be on your side all the time...that is the only way it works, trust me.

Missy said...

Oh my. Your MIL sounds like a real piece of work. I'm so sorry. I'm not going to brag about mine because every time I do she does something to piss me off, but I will say that probably 90% of the time she's pretty OK.

Procrastiknitter said...

ELysbeth, about the Earth shoes, I own 3 pair and I LOVE them, however the orthopedic told me that they are making my condition worse. So I'm on Das Boot as I call it.

Thanks for all the MIL thoughts, this is really par for the course with her. She was like this before, but we lived 500 miles away so it was no big deal. This morning I just told Mr. Outdoors that she is his to deal with and I won't be talking to her anymore...at all. But that lasted about 4 hours when we were invited for dinner and he accepted! LOL

kaoticorchid said...

Oh my goodness! How aweful! I completely sympathize. My MIL used to love me when I was in school with my DH, way back in Junior High and High School. When we started dating, however, she started pulling her 'you can't take my baby away from me bs'. Now she lives in Saudi Arabia, and Rick and I are married (some 7 years later). I tell you what, though, sometimes I think that Saudi Arabia is not far enough away!

pinky-yin said...

Oh dear... sounds scary your MIL...
After hearing your story, i guess i cannot complain about mine.....
Just wanted to tell you your blog is really nice.... simple and pretty! i like it :)) Cannot wait for the dishcloth xchange to start... these little projects keep me motivated :P

Sharon said...

Oh dear, sounds like a nightmare with the MIL situation. Mr Outdoors has to stand up to her, it is the only way!! How do I know? I have been there :(