Saturday, August 05, 2006

Look for the silver lining....

Ok so that is my new theme song, at least going through the weekend. I know that there are TONS of other people, many of which I know personally, that have been going through tougher times than I. However, for me it's been a rather tough week. The dog officially has Parvo and I will not know for another couple of hours if she is going to be able to come home. She was doing great this morning. Up and around, wagging her tail and went potty ok outside, however the vet said that this is from IV fluids only. She hasn't had anything to eat or drink. Yesterday she was great too, and then right after they gave her something to eat and drink she got deathly ill again, so all we can do is wait and cross our fingers.

My 1st day of work went ok. There is much to do and the school in which I'm at is the one that came in at the bottom of all elementary schools in the Tulsa area. I've decided to look at it as we don't have anywhere to go but up! It's going to take a lot of work, but it's going to be awesome and a great year.

THe GFSCS is completed and I really really like it. Nan and Em both want one. If you live near a H*bby Lobby, this is a cheap great cotton soft yarn to use called Baby Bee.

On the side I've been knitting a dishcloth. I love the colors and it's all done in Sugar and Cream! I didn't know that they made it in black which was a great contrast! I'll probably make a couple more with this color combo!
The sweater above was purchased this morning at a garage sale for 25 cents. It is 100% Merino Wool! The seams look good and I'm going to attempt to unravel this weekend.

Thanks for all the thoughts about Lilee. We love her so much, even though we have only had her for 2 months, she's our baby (by we and our I mean me and the girls). But we will handle whatever life brings our way. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

kaoticorchid said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I'm glad though that you noticed that she was not doing well in enough time to get her to the vet.

Hey, and excellent washcloth! I dig the contrasting colors. I think I'm on my 10th? maybe 12th if you count the two I gave away. It's such a great pattern!

Procrastiknitter said...

Katt! It means Girlfriend Swing Coat Sweater. The link to buy the pattern is below. I just love it.

Cathy said...

Love the dishcloth - or warshrag - I would rinse that in a vinegar rinse to make sure the black doesn't bleed, just to be on the safe side. I have no idea if it will run or not! I love the contrast with the multicolor with the solid.

Janine said...

I'm very sorry about your dog. I didn't realize you were in Tulsa, too!I have to report back to the Tulsa area school I work for tomorrow.