Thursday, August 03, 2006

Murphy's Law....

Ok, first things first. Mr. Outdoors asked his grandmother about what happened (she was present during MIL's nasty phone calls to me on her cell). She concurred exactly with me. He completely apologized! WOO HOO! So things are looking better. We are just avoiding her for a while until she starts the next new drama.

I had my first day of school today. Well, technically anyway. I had a training, but today is my 1st contract day. We don't have kids at school until the 21st, but I have a lot to do.

Murphy's Law is in effect. This morning I just KNEW it was going to be a sucky day because as soon as I poured my iced down Diet Mount*in Dew I spilled it. Then I fixed another one and about 3 minutes later spilled it again! LOL. Then I turned around to let the dog out of her kennel and found that she had sh!t EVERYWHERE. She was sick and dehydrated and it was awful. I took her outside and cleaned her up trying to get her to drink something. She wouldn't . I cried, called the vet and then told Mr. Outdoors to take her as I had to be at work. Nan cried from the second she got up because she asked if I could stay home w/her today and I told her she couldn't so she screamed all the way to daycare/preschool. Em spent the day with ther great-gran Polly and she went off and forgot a change of clothes (went in her PJs) and had to drop some off to her before I left town.

Lilee is really sick. The vet thought she might have Parvo, but then the test came back negative. He said it's a really really bad virus. She's on an IV and a catheter right now. We won't know how thigns are going to turn out until tomorrow morning. If she gets better she'll probably come home sometime Saturday. So we won't be going to the lake like I thought. No biggie, sheis more important. Good news.....I think I'll be finished with the GFSCS sometime this evening. Both sleeves are finished and all I've got left is the collor! It's just too cute! The girls are already begging for one for them.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh no I hope Lilee is okay!!

One thing I have to say is that yours makes my life seem rather bloody boring.

Me said...

Good wishes for Lilee, and how about a big shout-out to Mr. Outdoors for the apology...see, he'll be on to her crap now and it should get easier.

How are your new colleagues, btw? Friendly, I hope.

Unknown said...

sometimes it feels like it's just better to get back in bed, and try again later. Hope Lilee gets better

kaoticorchid said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. This weather is just not kind to animals in any state. It's good to hear that your DH appologized, though.

My Five Sons said...

Heavens ,things haven't been too good! Hope your cannine friend is okay,Inlaws can be such a pain,bear with it ,things will improve and also hope things go well with your job!!!!!

My Five Sons said...

Hi Me again,I tried to email you but it was returned,I am currently looking for the sugar"n cream cotton on ebay and would like to think I could get some on time....Hmmmmm fast post I doubt,anyway email me at my blog if you like see if I can reply that way,
Cheers Cathy