Sunday, August 27, 2006

OK, so I'm doing better at my job. Day 1-2- and 3 were hell on Earth and 4 wasn't much better. Day 5 was a little smoother, but then I went to my foot doctor and well.....it sucked. I'm still in Das Boot (up to the knee) for 3 more weeks, going to do some additional physical therapy and then I'll be having foot surgery and wearing Das Boot for another 5-8 weeks after that. Apparently my plantar fasciitis is too bad to operate on now and the swelling and such has to go down before the surgery can be successful. OK, whatever. I was really bummed until it dawned on me that all fo that down time that I'll have to just sit around and keep my foot elevated, that I'll be able to get TONS of knitting done...silver lining I suppose.

My dear friend and knitting queen Linda (who does not have a blog, but really really should) made a felted purse from a pattern I just kind of pieced together earlier in the summer and she won 1st prize in theKnitting category at our county fair this weekend! WOO HOO. I have a pic and will post later.

Right now I want to remind you that when you go to the store and you see a person driving one of those little motorized shopping carts, please be kind to them because they are awkward and slow and hard to drive (my 1st attempt shouldn't have been on a Saturday at Wally World! LOL). I did treat myself to the new Interweave Knits magazine as weel as the Fall Vogue Knitting. Both look great, but it seems to me that cables are really really in this fall adn winter so I need to get busy and figure out how in the world to do that! LOL.

Off to watch the Emmys on Tivo!

3 comments:

Janine said...

Sorry about the foot, but glad to hear TPS is treating you better! (Oh, and give me a shout and I'd be happy to meet up and help with the cabling! It's really very easy!)

Procrastiknitter said...

Janine,

I'm not in town very often as I'm up in North Tulsa (29th Street North between Peoria and Lewis). When things calm down this fall I'd love to meet up. I'm very anxious to start cabeling, but I'm letting this stupid little fear the best of me. Email me breahough@sbcglobal.net we can discuss it more.

Me said...

Rachel,
Cabling is really easy. I had the same fear of it being hard and then one day just decided to try it. Alone, with no one to witness the attempt, and it really is simple. It's almost magical how crossing stitches can make such prettiness. It's much easier than learning to knit socks...

Sorry to hear your foot is so bad. In our profession you kind of need healthy feet, don't you? Did you get a tall bar stool for your classroom yet? I had one when I was pregnant with The Bug. It let me sit, but still be up higher than THEM. Being higher than THEM is vital for some reason. Being down on their level is just too casual or something. I got mine at a second-store for cheap.

And in case you were wondering, we DID stop at the very last Sonic we came across in Seaford, Delaware, yesterday on our 9 hour odyssey home from Virginia.

That made three visits in 12 days. The boys would have loved it every day, if I had gone for it!! They even went online to see how far from here the closest one in Pennsylvania is.

Too far for a day trip!