Wednesday, April 12, 2006



Well the pink is my attempt at Knitty's Pedicure Socks . I wasn't crazy about the color or the striping so I'm doing my own thing. I still have to make a second sock of my last project to make, but I'm finding that I have "Knitters ADD" and don't want to spend too much time on one project these days. I did however make Em a poncho which is my 1st crochet FO. I know, I know, I've crossed over the "other side" although it was a switch because I was teaching my grandmother to knit on dpns! WOO HOO!

3 comments:

Me said...

Rachel,
Congrats on your new job! It sounds like you are really excited about it, which is great. I teach at a high poverty rate school here in upstate NY and so I can relate. I get together with friends who teach at wealthy school districts and get really annoyed with what they perceive to be "problems" at their schools. Oh, I'm sorry, all of the parents Mercedes are in your way as you try to pull yours out of the parking lot each afternoon?

At my school I keep a cup of quarters in my desk because that is how much the reduced lunch rate is, but most of the kids (9th graders) don't even have that! I just dole them out like gum, and they all know they can come to me and "have" (not borrow, because they know they can't pay it back) a quarter for lunch.

So, I get it...once you do this for a living, you can't go suburbia again.

Pioggia said...

As long as it's fiber...

Sharon said...

I always have quite a few projects on the go so that I can pick up which ever one suits my mood.