Monday, April 03, 2006

Afghans, orbs and socks oh my!

OK, here it is in all it's kind of glory. I haven't blocked it yet, but that's coming. I'm not sure you can see, but those little white arrows are pointing to orbs that are on the picture around Nan. I'm a bit believer in orbs. This made me feel so good because I like to think that my great grandmother and other deceased relatives were around me at during the knitting of my very first afghan. I will tell you that I'm not really into trying to do another one any time soon. This one measured 66 x 66 unblocked. I'm really excited to see how much my grandmother loves it.



On another note, I'm working on Sharon's Feather and Fan Socks.
For me they are knitting up rather slowly, but that's because I think I have TONS on my mind. I've made them for my big feet, but we will see. I'm not sure what yarn this is other than Bernat Sox. Maybe I"ll work on it some on my way to Oklahoma tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

They are slow going, but well worth the effort, trust me ;)

Me said...

The feather and fan afghan is absolutely gorgeous...not to mention your little model. I, too, believe in the magic of the orbs. My 9 year old son loves to watch "Most Haunted" with me on the Travel Channel and look for the orbs as they investigate.