Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New books, new projects....


OK, so I've been really wanting to buy the new M/D book, but have been strapped for cash because the move is going to cost a gazillion dollars. I took my audio book back to the library last night and looking what the librarian pulled out of the office for me. It had just come in and I was the first person to check it out! What joy! I completely agree with what the YH said about it. It's just fantastic and I totally recommend it. So while I was looking at it I decided that I needed a nice easy garter stitch project to work on until the move. So I decided that Em needs a Moderne Log Cabin Blanket (page 78). Instead of the tans and plums I'm going to do hers in fuschia, blue, purple and green. It's a total secret and I hope to suprise her sometime when we move to the new house for her new room. It's on size 6 needles and it's going to end up being 60" x 50" which will be a major PITA but I'm game. So I just HAD to pull some yarn out of my stash to start it. I have also decided that I'm only going to work on that and the socks that I need to finish for my pal until we move...oh and maybe a dishcloth... or two...or ten. LOL.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

Sounds like a perfect project for the distracted knitter! I'm sure it'll be adorable...