Tuesday, February 20, 2007

WOo HOO! Finally!

FINALLY someone has come up with a way to combine my 2 loves (Knitting, Nascar) and 1 big need (destashing). This project is in it's infancy, but if you like Nascar and are a Knitter, this might just be the project for you!

Here are the perimeters:

* Whatever miles are raced in Nextel Cup that weekend, so is the goal of the equivalent number of grams be used before the next race. (Daytona 500 = 500 grams before the Auto Club 500 at Fontana)
* By “used” I mean knitting, crocheting, spinning, sewing, selling, and gifting (Swaps are our friends!). These “miles/grams” are also points towards prizes.
* Throughout the racing season, there will be bonus points given to each completed project applicable in size/weight/complexity. (a finished “Forest Path Stole” is greater than a full-sized Clapotis which is more than the “My So-Called Scarf” project.
* Due to the allowance of other De-stash KALs to get more yarn, no penalties will be given if yarn is acquired at any time.
* Sporadically, prizes will be awarded to those with the highest point count. That means GIVE-AWAYS!!

If this sounds interesting to you, then head over to the blog and comment to sign up! Reminder, NASCAR season goes until November!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh you evil temptress!! LOL

I would so love to get into this! But until I clear my plate a little of things I cant join anything (and I know this wouldnt hinder with everything I have to do but its a distraction from them and I dont need anymore computer distractions! I am already in Holiday Headstart and failing that miserably)...

I hope it goes well though it looks like a lot of fun! Hopefully they will run it next year and I will join for sure

Who do you follow in Nascar anyway? I am a Kasey Kayne gal! lol

Katt

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your good wishes on my Lent plan.

I look forward to seeing what you produce to go with the different races.

Sarah-Hope
www.whatifknits.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hooking me up with the Nascar blog!! Yea!!!!

Me said...

I love me some NASCAR and knitting too. Ideal really. I was horrified to hear that you had to use Monday as a make-up day due to weather...here in NY we are on our February Vacation. We always get the week of President's Day off. It is a nice break in the middle of winter. We also get a break in April, beginning Good Friday and continuing through the next week. That is when DH and I are off to Vegas sans children for a much needed break.

Don't be too jealous though...my last day of work this year is June 22. We pay for all this time off on the back end.

kaoticorchid said...

Ha! That's so funny! I would have to knit far more than I do and spin way less than I do to join in with the Nascar kal. Sounds like you'll be having a blast, though!