Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Long week, long projects, is it Friday yet???

Ok, so I knew that this week was going to be a rough one.

We are in the middle of a weird time in which both of Miss Em's sports (basketball and soccer) are overlapping which means this week we have double the games and double the practices. We also have the school science far, the district science fair and then the school carnival (of which I so stupidly volunteered thinking I'd have time). Ok ok, no biggie, we can do this. Well we can unless everyone gets sick again. I am not kidding you. We had another wave of this vomitting/diahrea flu zip through our house. It was absolutely horrid. Mr. Outdoors and I both missed another day of work yesterday due to all of this.

Ok, done griping about it. My other issue: for some reason I am doing these HUGE projects! LOL. I have a really short attention span. So in other words I'm sick of doing mitered squares. I keep thinking, I'll hurry up and get it done and then start my other project waiting in the wings, but it's another afghan and a biggie at that! LOL. Maybe I'll make some more dishrags or something else small to help out.

Anyone else foaming at the mouth to see the new issue of Knitty? I can't believe it's almost time for another issue of MagKnits either. I've been out and about looking for the new
Interweave Knits but no where around here has it yet. Any thoughts? Is it worth it?

Also, I'm supposed to dress up as a book character on Friday. I wanted to do Harry Potter, but not sure where I can find a cloak, or a Weasely sweater. We'll see what I come up with! LOL.

2 comments:

Me said...

The new IK is a new format...it took me a bit to get used to it. I found a couple of sweaters that I really love, and no surprise they are both Kate Gilbert designs...I love her stuff!

Anonymous said...

Ireally like the new IK. Some lovely stuff whihc I'd love to knit if I was a bit smaller. LOL.

Thanks for posting on my blog.