Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Quick! I need some help!

Ok, ladies! As I noted yesterday it's been a little crazy over here at Chez Procrastiknitter. Well, there has been some knitting going on, just not a lot, but I promise to include some knitting content towards the end of this week when I have a little more time.

Anyway, back to why I need your help.

As you know the divine Miss Em is working on her 2nd grade science fair project. It is time to name the project. We didn't realize that we had to have it named by Thursday. We have been really struggling with the name, so I talked to Em and we decided to have a contest.

Rules: Submit a name for her science fair project in the comments section of this post by Thursday, February 15th at 7:00am. She will pick the best one, if she sees it and the winner will receive a little care package of yarn goodies from myself and Miss Em.

Her project: Em is doing a project to see if the sand and salt that is put on the roads and sidewalks is pollution. (Remember that we as adults know the answer, however, she did not and designed herself a project to find out.) She has a mini-greenhouse complete with 3 types of seeds. She is growing grass seeds, green bean seeds, and bachelor button seeds. She has a group with just soil, a group with soil and sand, a group with soil and salt, and then another group with soil, sand and salt.

If you need more clarification, just email me at theprocrastiknitter at yahoo dot com.

Happy thinking! It must be a creative title, according to the Science Fair rules and we are just coming up blank!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"Hit the road, dirt (and salt)."

"Mr. Sandman, bring me some green"

That's all I've got - drawing a blank. Shoot. I was hoping you were looking for ideas cause I've got a whole dueling armpit thermometer test going here. (La was sick and I was testing the old and new armpit thermometers to see which was more accurate. The new one was. And it was significantly faster too.)

Heide said...

A rather "Salt of the Earth" type of science project now isn't it. ha ha ha, bad pun. Hmmm, as far as titles go... How about "Solution or Pollution?" Good luck.

Ren said...

umm, the boyfriend and i came up with:

*salt and sand: safe for soil?

*salt and sand: spoiling the soil?

*salting solution = bad pollution?

hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Polution Solution

Sand, Seeds and Surf

cant think of anything else today. too hot..

Katt

metal and knit said...

Choking Mother Earth