Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow day...Knitting Day...

So the Winter Storm started Wednesday night with some sleet and ice. We were lucky here north of Tulsa as we didn't get much precipitation that actually stuck. However, today was a snow day so no school for me or the girls. Today was spent doing some chores (laundry, vacuuming, dusting) but mostly me tending to the fireplace and knitting while neighborhood kids wandered in and out of the house. Part one of the storm started around 8pm Wednesday night and ended about 2pm Thursday afternoon. We eventually ended up with abotu 2.5 inches or so of ice. YUCK!
I was able to get a scarf for Norma's Red Scarf Project completed. Just a normal garter stitch scarf from Li*n Brand Homespun. I was stashbusting as I couldn't leave today to get to H*bby L*bby!
Also completed were two hats and a scarf for the Soaring Eagles Project that I am organizing!

edited to add that there were also two headbands that were finished as well for the SEP.

I'm fairly certain that I'm staring down the barrel end of a 4 day weekend. The weathermen are saying that we could get 12-20 inches of snow on top of all this ice so school tomorrow is highly unlikely. Also, a cool fact is that the eastern part of Oklahoma has never been in a Blizzard Warning until tonight! SWEET (although my neighbors are blaming me for bringing the cold blizzard from Nebraska! LOL).

No comments: