Tuesday, November 21, 2006

On the road again.....

PLUS
EQUALS
Road trip to my aunt's house in Nebraska. We are leaving tonight to go to my grandparents' house and then we will leave in 2 vehicles tomorrow morning at 5am. This will be the first time we have been back to Nebraskas since we moved in May. It's just the girls and I as Mr. Outdoors never spends Thanksgiving with us because it's always in the middle of deer season (rifle). I thought that maybe he would go with us anyway as he got his deer ( and a HUGE one at that) on Sunday, but he wants to stay here. I'm rather disappointed as I wanted some knitting time in the car like I get when he drives. However, I"ll just make due the best I can.
Knitting has been slow around here to say the least. There has been lots of Christmas decorating, buying of Christmas gifts (for some of my needier students) as well as putting up the dreaded Christmas lights on the roof (all by myself) and the endless soccer tournament on Saturday.
My focus has now been turned to THanksgiving with the family that I miss horribly and a great Black Friday spent shopping with my girlfriends that I miss as well.
I need teh knitting goddess to shine down on me with some divine determination. ANyone else with me?

3 comments:

Penny said...

Have a safe trip and a great holiday! I just found out last night that my family is doing nothing this year, I think my sister-in-law and step mother got into it one too many times in the past couple of weeks. So we are just doing dinner Saturday night with the in-laws. bleh. On the bright side, since we only have one dinner to do, maybe I can get in a ton of knitting time!

Kathy said...

I could use a good gaze from the knitting goddess, too. Wishing you a good trip and happy shopping!

Sharon said...

Have a nice holiday and hopefully some knitting time also.