Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Crossing my fingers...

Today started with a crazy day at work. It was 75 degrees F at 7am when I left for work. When I returned home at 3:30pm it was 31 degrees F! Crazy day. There is a nasty storm coming....well it's kind of already here, but I decided to make a run to H*bby L*bby to get some new DPNs as well as some sewing essentials to do some mending. I HAD to pick this up. For a change, I actually did not open it up before I bought it! Then I was pleasantly suprised! There are some great sweater (easy but nice looking) patterns, but also 12 scarf patterns and then this just a little too late. LOL.
I cleaned the house like a maniac and now my knitting and I are waiting impatiently to see if there is school tomorrow. The girls' school is already out, but I'm praying for tomorrow to be out. I have plenty of essentials for food and entertainment for the girls, and then my knitting and I hope to have a day long date.
The news boys are telling us that there are two storms coming. One is already here and it's a major ice storm and then the possibility of up to 15 inches of snow in the next 36 hours. At first I was praying that school was out tomorrow, but now I think I'm praying that we have power, because it's thundering, lightening, and ICING! We are coming down to the wire on the Soaring Eagles Project. So far (as of today we are up to 90 hats) We only have less than 3 weeks and I'm starting to get a little nervous! So spread the word for me. I'm so estatic about how well the ladies that have volunteered have responded and how hard they had worked. I just don't want anyone to not be included at my school.

Anyway, tomorrow will be dedicated 1/2 to the SEP and 1/2 to my holiday knitting because both have been neglected recently! I had to rip out Lucie because the Medium was just too darn big. So I ripped out the entire back which I had finished and had to start again. I'm about 1/2way done with the back for the 2nd time.

I really need some Knitting Goddess love and a little love from the power company that I'll keep it this week! LOL.

2 comments:

Ren said...

i hope the power holds out for you and that you were able to get the day off! my best friend lives in texas, so they're in the way of that huge storm, too. keeping you all in my thoughts! (especially since it's currently eighty degrees and sunny over here)

Anonymous said...

I picked up the same issue of the mag....but did not have the control you showed and had to skim through before I purchased it lol....I liked the hat patterns.