Friday, September 08, 2006

What a week!

Monday: off and recovering from being at the lake all weekend.

Tuesday: sick but went to work anyway, rough day at school. Too sick to knit.

Wednesday: off from work, too sick to knit.

Thursday: feeling better, almost assaulted by a child's mother's boyfriend who was drunk and is an abuser, dog ran away, found her, Em's soccer scrimmage, no desire to knit any WIPs.

Friday: Cleaning and picking up, feeling a little better, cleaning out girls' closets, no knitting of any kind.


This weekend we have Em's soccer game in the morning and then that is it. I need to clean the house and a few other little things. Tomorrow sometime I hope to sit and knit. I need to finish Em's sleeves of her sweater and I want to look at a baby gift for a friend.

Next week I start playing PoKeno twice a month with some new friends that are also new to town (Transplants from Midland and Houston, Texas). Anyone ever played PoKeno? I have no idea how to. I just know that there is female companionship, no children, and wine! I need it after this week. Anyone know when the new Knitty is coming out? I'm going through withdrawl. I need to get started on my dishcloths too.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Yikes! What a week indeed! I surely hope the weekend makes up for it. I've never even heard of Pokeno but anything that involves friends and wine has gotta be good!

Becka said...

Sorry that your week was yucky. I do so hope the drunk guy was properly taken care of! Also hope you are feeling better.
As for Knitty, the Knitty Blog states that they are having tech. difficulties and it should be up today (Monday)...here's hoping!

Penny said...

ugh! What a week! I've never heard of PoKeno either, so I can't help you there. I've been wondering about Knitty myself, I just checked the site, and the Fall issue up! Now to go see what I have to add to my "must knit" list!

Missy said...

Please tell me the child's mother's boyfriend was arrested or at least talked to by the cops. And I hope this week proves to be much, much better!