Sunday, June 25, 2006

Purses, spinning and lace oh my!

OK so it's been much busier than I thought, lately. Below is the lace trim for the bottom of the skirt I'm working on which I should just go ahead and make smaller because my the time I'm finished with it it will fit Em. Next up is the behemoth bag I've been working on for MIL. It will be felted later on, I'm just using good old, reliable Lion Brand Wool for this bag. If it works out ok and doesn't look too retarded then I'll do another one in black, red and white (BIL's kids' school colors) in the Cascade 220 that I have.
THe last picture here is of my first attempt at hand spinning. Linda a friend of my ILs took me under her wing this afternoon and taught be the beginnings of handspinning. It was GREAT! I was so excited!It's a little harder than I thought but I still LOVE it!
UPdate on the house situation. Current move out date for the current occupants of the house is Saturday July1st. Which means that we will be hopefully moving the 2nd. I'm not going to get my hopes up by any means, however it's nice to hopefully have a date in site because I'm on day 24 here and B is on 1 month and 1 week.

No comments: