Monday, June 19, 2006

THe Procrastiknitter's Weekend Update....

This weekend started with a trip to my new LYS Loops. The girls love it because of their playroom and I love it because it is perfectly yummy there. I picked up some Cascade to continue making some felted purses. I also decided to be adventurous and to make the skirt below, but in black and hot pink. It would be great for late summer as that is when it will probably be done. I then picked up the July 2006 edition of Creative Knitting and found these little tops that are made out of Sugar and Cream.
and found that they take about th esame time to knit as a dishcloth and made one for Nan.
The color in the picture is tres crappy but this is obviously before felting. It was a great color with blues, greens and purples. I hope that it will be a gift for a friend for her birthday (said friend reads the blog so I won't devulge who).
After the LYS we went to see our bestest little boy Booter (my best friend's son). He loves the girls and they love him. He just turned 2 on June 10th and loves to tell a joke LOL.
We capped off the weekend with Father's Day dinner at the IL's house with B, FIL, MIL, BIL, his wife and two kids, and B's grandfather and grandmother. It was nice, relaxed and fun. This week starts hell week. I will be cleaning houses for my FIL this week and hopefully by Sunday we will be ready to move out of the refugee camp and into our own home!

No comments: