Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm here!

It has been a wild and crazy week and a half or so and it will continue until the end of May I think! LOL. I have been knitting quite a lot, just not really spending too much time on the laptop. I made a pair of fuzzy feet for Mr. Outdoor's great grandmother to replace a pair that she put in the dryer last week. She needs a second pair so that's what I'm working on now. A MD kimono for Mr. Outdoor's cousin's new baby. She's a doll and I love her name, Davy Grace. Goes very well with her sister Charlie Rose.


I made quite a few of the slipped stitch dishcloths. I sold a few, and then I'm hosting our monthly girls' cards night tomorrow night so I'll use these as part of a gift basket.

Jury duty continues, however the knitting during jury duty has ceased. I was actually chosen for a trial that started yesterday. However, it's supposed to finish up today. I have lots to say about it, but not until we get done. I am kind of enjoying not being at school this week, but it's just that time fo year.
Also, if you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate all the positive vibes or prayers that you could spare on Friday afternoon. I'm going to a teacher job fair for the town that I live in. From what I understand there are quite a few applicants and not all that many jobs. I LOVE my school in Tulsa, but I need to be closer to home for my girls and for my pocketbook as I haven't been making all that much since I'm spending about $300-400 or more a month on gas. Mr. Outdoor's business is going like gangbusters, but with his job and then working on the house there just isn't much time left over to help with the girls. This was not anticipated at all, and it's new territory for us all.
(((HUGS)) to you all. Hopefully after Friday things will slow down for a few days.


5 comments:

Ren said...

glad to hear you're still alive and well! this time of year seems to grate on everyone who has anything to do with schools.

all your knitting looks great and i will definitely keep you in my prayers about finding a closer school. : )

Anonymous said...

knitting looks great!

LOVE the name Davy Grace!! The little kimono looks so cute.

I hope you get the closer school...Must be a right pain to have to do all that travelling and its costing you a mint!

Katt

kaoticorchid said...

Your knitting looks awesome! You've been very, very busy! I've recently pulled out my MDK book, too, and done some knitting out of it. Love it!

Susan said...

Hope the job fair went well and that soon we are reading that you've found a new position close to home!

You've been a busy knitter and lots of folks are lucky indeed.

Stephanie said...

It's that time of year when things start to get really crazy...and for me, the warm weather makes it harder to blog. Weird, huh?

I love those names...too cute!

Best of luck at the teacher's job fair. I hope it works out...commuting is such a pain! I'm glad Mr. Outdoor's new biz is taking off...that's SO exciting!!