Monday, April 02, 2007

Tales of a Knitting Snob...

I bet you were hoping to find a post with pictures of Nan's completed blanket! It is done, but Mr. Outdoors has been busy with the camera and getting ready for his big Expo tomorrow evening. He is a vendor and also created the kitchen for the Taste of Home Cooking School that will be in our town tomorrow night. We have all been pitching in. ALthough his new business of cabinet and furniture making is going better than we ever dreamed, it has mostly been through word of mouth. This will be his first public affair. As far as the blanket goes, I'm finding that I'm a snob...well a knitting snob. I have decided that for me......crocheting is the work of the devil. I just can't do it...well very well. You would think that it wouldn't be THAT difficult as it is a needle art and it's not like tatting or anything. Nope. I looked completely ridiculous and it took TONS of time to crochet all those damn squares together.

Last week was crazy as well because we are finally going to start building our house. We have the loan, and we are supposed to go sign for the land (a new in-town lot) Wednesday. However, there has been a snag, but a welcome one. A friend of my FIL called and asked if we wanted to buy 10 acres in the country (only 4 miles from town though). We don't know what the land looks like or anything so we are going to truck out there tonight.

I have figured out that when the house gets started my knitting is definitely going to suffer. There are so many catalogs to look through and things to do that it isn't even funny.

Also, an apology to my KALs and to those whose blogs I normally visit. I promise I'll stop by sometime this week.

3 comments:

Ren said...

best of luck to mr. outdoors tomorrow night and how exciting about building a house! don't let the knitting suffer too much when you get super busy... it's a great stress-reducer! : ) looking forward to seeing pics of the blanket when you get a chance, too! : )

Becka said...

I hope all went well with the land...and I so know what you mean about crochet!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to hear how Mr. Outdoor's premiere went!

An opportunity to purchase 10 acres?! THAT IS SO COOL! Can't wait to hear which direction you choose.