Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Code Blue...STAT!!!

Well the show went well. For his first public appearance as a cabinet maker, he did very well. His charm shone brightly. I just told him to pretend like he was still a teacher at parent/teacher conferences. That helped slightly. Last night was really about getting his name out in the public eye and for them to see what he could do. It will probably take awhile before everyone starts calling, but that's ok. At least they know that he is here now.

While at the vendor part of the show, I was able to sneak away and found a booth for this little boutique in town. I looked down and saw Mason Dixon Wash Cloths knitted up in a variety of colors and she had them priced at $8 a piece. When I went back a little later, all 20 cloths were gone. She had sold them all!

Ok, now back to the code blue. I came home late last night after working with Mr. outdoors at the home show. I wanted to upload the pictures of the blanket and the tank top that I am working on. I started up my beloved Laptop and all of a sudden an error message appeared and said that my Windows file was corrupted. Grrrrrrrrr. I tried to reinstall windows but it said I had to uninstall components before reinstalling, but I couldn't uninstall. Sheesh! Luckily, Mr. Outdoors has a friend that is a whiz with this sort of thing and works not for money but for beer! LOL.

On the land front, we took a visit. While it is a beautiful spot it looked small for 10 acres, we asked where the rest of the land was and they said that 4 of the 10 acres were under the river. ENough said, we'll stay with our lot in town. Although I was getting breifly excited abotu getting some animals. Oh well, another time perhaps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a funfilled time

WOW thats pretty good that that lady sold that many dishcloths so fast!! Makes you wonder if it would happen for you hey?

Hoping your puter is up and running again soon.

Cant wait to see the knittery you have been doing..Finished the Dale Dishcloth?

What do you make of the COT in Nascar?

Katt

Sharon said...

You should have taken some of your dishcloths along to the show and sold them! Yes I am using mine and I love them.

He he I like people who work for beer they are usually such friendly types aren't they?

Susan said...

Congrats to Mr. Outdoors on the successful show. And to all of you on the new house. Too fun! Hope your laptop is all better. My computer was down and out for awhile. Amazing how much I got done around here but I so missed everyone.