Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lucie, Flutebags and such....

Christmas was wonderful. We had a very nice time with our families, however while one thing did get finished (a pair of Fuzzy Feet for Mr. Outdoor's great-grandmother) a few things were coming a little short.
I met up with Santa as I was up until 2:30am Christmas morning to finish this "Felted Flute Sock" for Stepfather 4. He is into his flutes (he has a vast collection) and he has a special Native American wooden flute he bought while visiting in September. So he wanted a flute sock for it. It was finished albeit still a bit damp, but done for Christmas. The one Christmas casulaty was Lucie. She had to be frogged December 23rd due to some mindless knitting in which I wasn't paying attention. So I knew that I wouldn't be able to finish her for Christmas Day for my grandmother. So I picked it up again on the 26th and have been knitting like a fiend to finish her up New Year's Day.
So far I have the front and back finished, about 1/3 of one sleeve finished. I have a game plan however.

December 28th - finished one sleeve
December 29th -finish other sleeve and block
December 30th - piece together
December 31st - finish crochet edging, spot block and let dry.
January 1st - be ready to give her to my grandmother.

I also have to finish two beanies that have been requested by my 10 and 12 y/o nephews. They wanted one of the left overs from the Soaring Eagles Project, but I said no, but they could pick out the style and colors that they wanted and I would make them one. Has to be done by New Year's Eve.

I am so lookin forward to January 1st where I can be done with the holiday knitting and start doing some things I want to do. I have two sets of fingerless gloves that have been requested by my mother and another family member, but then off to work on a baby gift for a friend and then start the blanket I want to do for my cousin and his fiancee for their July wedding. I figure 6 months would be enough time.

(((HUGS))) to all and I hope to be able to post and knit much more now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow --- are your fingers tired yet?!

I love the new look of your blog --- mine changed too!

Happy New Year!