Sunday, December 03, 2006

A bit o Knitting


Well I've been working on a few things. I finally finished that poor dishrag, completed my first mitten (albeit going to be an ornament on our tree) it was much easier than I first thought). Also in the works is a dog sweater for darling Lilee Ann our Jack Russell Terrier. I also have put together a few a VERY easy pattern for some cute headband/earwarmers.

See below.



















Easy Headband/Earwarmer

Note: This is worked in double strand yarn. The aqua one is made of Bernat chunky cotton and the other was made with Baby Bee Icing and a strand of Caron Soft Ease.

Sizes are child's S, M, L, adult
Using size 11 (if using single strand) 13 (if using double strand) loosely (possibly use a two needle cast on) cast on 45 (50, 55, 60) stitches.

Work in garter stitch for 14 rows.

Very loosely bind off .

Sew seam.

Takes about 25-30 minutes to complete for an average speed knitter.


**It's nothing special, but I developed this when Nan and Em both demanded an earwarmer once late night for the next morning. My brother received one as well, he is 15 and his is navy blue. He loves his.

No comments: