Monday, March 20, 2006

Snow day, schmo day.....

So the plan was to get to knit all day in my rocking chair watching sappy movies and just chilling out. No such luck! THe Yarn Harlot had it right in her book about the TAKE Team. I have them here as well (TAKE = Team Against Knitting Enjoyment). All I wanted today was to sit and knit, but NOOOOO. NOw I'm in the middle of a mass cleaning and packing of our storage room in the basement. THen when I'm not working on that I'm being jumped on, hollered at and down right pinned down by Nan because she doesn't want me to knit. Where is the husbeast during all of this? Sitting upstairs in his recliner just watching his hunting shows and saying, "Do you need some help? I'll be there in a minute." yet, I havne't seen him in the basement yet. This was his glorious idea so I have decided that if he isn't down here in 5 minutes I'm going on strike refusing to unlock my bedroom door and going to knit until I see that they have called off school for tomorrow. LOL. On another note, here is what used to be an old pair of Em's jeans and now has been made into a cute skirt. I have a t-shirt I'm going to add sleeves to, but not sure when I'll get the time.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh you poor thing, lock yourself away in your bedroom, that is what I did over the school holidays so that I could knit in peace.

The skirt is so pretty, did you make the pattern up yourself?

Procrastiknitter said...

Sharon, I took it freehand from the Stitcraft episode. I think one was kind of like it in a past issue of Knit 1, however, I just kind of freehanded it. I'm all for repurposing clothes. My girls grow WAY too fast for my pocketbook to keep up! LOL

Kathy said...

Hoping you have more time to knit soon. Especially on something as cute as that skirt! How does she like it?