Tuesday, March 28, 2006

One-armed paper hanger reporting for duty....

Wow, it's been almost a week. I didn't mean to let everything take over around here but it's been crazy. I'm on F&F overdrive. I'm at almost 5 feet in length with about 15 more inches to go. I'm hoping to get it done this week so that I can block and get it ready to take to Oklahoma next week. Last week at work was INSANE! The kids' brains were still on "Snow day mode" up until just yesterday. We are trying to cram in the last little bit of content standards before Spring Break starts. I have been looking forward to spring break all year, however all the things I dreamed of doing are probably going to be put on hold. We are leaving for Oklahoam next Tuesday to find a rental (while we build starting this summer) and for me to continue my job search. I've got a few interviews and will be going to a Teacher Job Fair on the 6th. Hopefully everything will be falling in to place, with the house, job.....and with the afghan. I'm a little nervous that it's going to be a little overwhelming, but no matter, my grandmother is the kind that loves anything handmade, especially with love.

2 comments:

Me said...

Rachel,
I hope your Teacher Fair goes well and you get a lot of offers! I teach High School English and am glad to have gotten tenure last year, so I don't have to leave unless I choose to!

My school district is considered suburban, but we have a really high poverty rate (small old used-to-be mill town)so we have a lot of the same challenging mind-sets and issues that urban schools have. It is certainly interesting on a day to day basis!

Pioggia said...

So nice of you to make an afghan for her. I've never attempted one. Good luck with the job fair.