Sunday, March 19, 2006

Beep....beep...beep....

The National Weather Service has issued a severe Winter Weather Warning. Your area will be receiving 6-8" of snow overnight with an additional 12-14" by pm on Tuesday. Please be advised to gather up your patterns, UFO's and other essentials in order to keep your sanity since you will be undoubtedly locked up in the house with your children and husband for the next 72 hours.

Well, that's what they should have said anyway. Living in Nebraska this fall adn winter hasn't been all that bad, but now of course on the 1st day of spring (tomorrow) one hellacious snow storm is headed our way. Apparently it's the state's last big send off to us, so I'll be home I'm sure w/a snow day tomorrow along with B and the girls. Could be interesting. I've been running around making sure I have everything I need, but I'm thinking of running out to the movie store, or to teh bookstore to get a new knitting magazine to keep me glued to my knitting and from going insane.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I detest spending time with my family or anything it's just that we are a busy family that like to be outside and doing our own things. We like to go places, play outside and generally all like our own spaces. Whenever we have ever had a snowstorm... the forced togetherness that we have to endure is a little much for all 4 of us and we start to get on each others nerves tremendously.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I can only imagine what being cooped up inside with my WHOLE family would be like and believe me they would kill each other, or maybe I would kill them!!! Grab your knitting and endure the situation as best you can.

Good on you with starting a new blog, I will update my link ;) Thanks also for your lovely comments on my blog.

Kathy said...

Here's hoping you all stay warm and at least partially sane through the duration of snowy weather!

Pioggia said...

Why the move? I like both sites. I hope you can get to actually knit while locked up with the rest of your family. Good luck!

Procrastiknitter said...

Pioggia, we are not going to be living in "the heights" much longer. I wanted a name of a blog that would travel with me. Hopefully this will be the last blog move unless I get my own domain and such, which I doubt.