Friday, October 05, 2007

Deliberating....

Ok, so the past week I've been in deep thought. It is project Soaring Eagles time. But we have enough hats left over from last year that I've been protecting in totes that we can give them to the new school I'm teaching at. This school is different. These are not the inner city gang youth from my last school, but they are very needy. There are a lot of drugs in the neighborhood (especially meth) the kids all get food bags and clothes given to them. The politically correct term is generally poverty stricken caucasian youth. I do have quite a few Hispanic and Native America students as well. I was thinking about possibly doing a Christmas stocking thing, I'm completely open to whatever anyone else thinks. There coudl be the adopting of individual classes, etc if we wanted. This time there are only 320 kids at our school versus the 400 of last year.


What do you all think? We could even harness the power of Ravelry if we needed to!

4 comments:

Ren said...

i don't really have any ideas, but i'm always up for helping on a new project. i'll be anxious to hear what you come up with. : )

Anonymous said...

i am willing to help out but had a hard enough time last year getting my knitting group to get things done in time.

I think i could get one to help out but dont know about rest

Katt

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I don't have any ideas, either, but I'd be happy to help again this year!

kaoticorchid said...

I'd love to help again with whatever it is that you decide to do. I'm sure whatever it is that you decide to do the kiddies will appreciate. :)