Monday, July 16, 2007

Blatherings... in bullets.....

* I have ripped out my MS3 for the 9th time! Grrrr, I'm always having trouble getting past the 1st clue. This could be a sign that it is not for me, but I'm going to keep trying in spite of my inability to do lace.

* I have finished up 40 skeins of yarn for an order to be dropped off on Wednesday before I leave town. I'm so excited by it all!

*MIL and FIL are going through a legal separation, which will be a nasty divorce, after almost 35 years of marriage. So I've been drug through all the drama and nastiness that has been ensuing. It's so hard living in town with it all so public and trying to not get caught in the middle of all of it.

* Packing, packing and more packing for this wedding.

* I have been sucked into two new shows, the first is
The World Series of Pop Culture and then the last is the new show from Victoria (Posh Spice) Beckham.It's almost as bad as when I started watching The Girls Next Door! LOL

*School starts in less than a month! EEKS!!!

* I went to the library this morning and was pleasantly suprised to see this book on the new book shelf and quickly checked it out. I love the patterns and can't wait to make a few things from it. If you haven't looked at it you really should!

* And can I just say that I am insanely jealous of all of you that are already on Ravelry!!! You suck! I'm still waiting and I got on the waiting list a month ago. Thanks to their new little tool on the site I found out that there are 1945 ahead of me, but there are 9602 behind me! Although, it's probably good I'm not on it right now as there really isn't that much time for me and I think I would never sleep! LOL

6 comments:

Ren said...

i hope you have a great time at the wedding! : )

Missy said...

First of all, Ravelry...I am so jealous! I have 6386 people ahead of me! LOL

Secondly, the Victoria Beckham show - I watched it on and off last night and she drove me crazy! Yet I couldn't tear my eyes away when I did have a couple of minutes to watch. What's up with that? I don't know why but I so wanted her to be NICE and I was sad to see that she's completely narcissistic and bitchy. Hello! Rich & famous in Hollywood! I don't know why I suspected otherwise. Also, I feel so sorry for her personal assistant, but at the same time, it's her choice to work for her. Anyway, that's just my take on it all.

Hope the wedding is fun!

Me said...

Ravelry? I have like 4500 people ahead of me...and I did watch Victoria Beckham last night and I have to say, I didn't find her to be sincerely bitchy...she seemed to be poking fun at herself quite a bit and had a great sense of humor, I thought. Maybe I read her wrong?? I actually said to my husband, "I was expecting to hate her, and I find her funny and earnest and I might respect myself a bit less now for liking her!"

Penny said...

Yuck, sorry about your ILs. My Mom & Dad divorced in 2001 after 32 years of marriage, it was really nasty, and really split our whole family apart. We haven't recovered yet, and I'm not sure that we will.

I just checked my spot on Ravelry, and there are 1,422 ahead of me. I can't wait to get in, but I know its going to eat up a ton of my time ;)

kaoticorchid said...

It's ok! Hey, we'll be braving MS3 together-I'm getting started on the first clue this week! I just got added to Ravelry this week and I'm telling you that it is ABSOLUTELY work the wait!

Missy said...

Ok, I watched the Victoria Beckham show again last week when it was re-broadcast and I hate to admit this, but she sort of grew on me. Maybe I missed too much of the first broadcast? The whole situation with her assistant still made me really uncomfortable, and I still think she's completely narcissistic, but she actually grew on me this time. Go figure...