Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm bringin' sexy back...

well...not really, but I'm back. It's been a trying few weeks. The job interviews (5 1st interviews and 3 2nd interviews) were exhausting and really hard on my family with me being gone a lot. Things here at school have been stressful and completely absurd and add to that a gallon of family drama. But I'm better and I'm happy because .......

I GOT A JOB!!!!
I will be teaching 5th grade in a school very similar to the one I'm at now, but the difference is that it is only 5 miles away from home ....ROUND TRIP!
I'll have the same schedule as my own children, but it will also be nice because I'll still be with the kids of kids that I yearn to teach! I can't wait. Mr. Outdoors is downright giddy. I'm pretty sure that is has to do with the fact that after June 1st I won't have a monthly gasoline bill around $500-550 a month! LOL.
I'm in deadline territory with my knitting. There are scads of birthday and Mother's Day knitting to be done this week!

10 comments:

Ren said...

congratulations!! good luck getting all your knitting done, too! : )

Missy said...

How cool! Congrats!!

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a big difference the shorter commute will make for you!

Best of Luck!!

Unknown said...

Good Deal! Congratulations and break a leg!

kaoticorchid said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you! How exciting!

Susan said...

Oh hooray! I hope you love the school and the kids. I'm sure you'll love the 5 mile drive *G*

Ruby Girl said...

Congratulations on the new job, and how wonderful being so close to home, that is important when your own children are young. I have about a 10kilometre round trip to work, it is great because if you need to go home at lunchtime you can. And how exciting to have a block of land and be planning your new home.

Anonymous said...

Congrats my dear!! I hope the new job goes well!

And you find a good use for the extra money you will have now!

Katt

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

CONGRATS! Bet you all think I'm not reading your blogs, but I do. :P
Bunny hugs,
=:8

L. said...

I'm so happy for you and working so close to home will do wonders for your stress level.