Sunday, August 19, 2007

Whew! It's been a little while....

longer than I would have hoped. I could blame it on Ravlery but that wouldn't be nice, as it's been a little more complicated than that.

The girls started school on the 15th. Em is in 3rd grade and Nan started full day pre-K. It was a big day made even bigger by the fact that I also started the new job on the 15th. Well I've been going to many meetings, but my first day with students was Wednesday. I have 17 in my 5th grade class. 11 girls (who mostly like to talk all day LOL) and 6 boys (most of which are medicated ADHD). They are all very sweet and smart in their own way! It's been a good 3 days with them. Talk to me in January. I am however in love with the 10 minute commute I have everyday! It's nice to be around and get to know other teachers that live in town. I've been invited to a few get togethers, but haven't been able to make any.

The house is coming along, but now we are just waiting....for the a/c guy to install the a/c, the electrician to wire, the bricklayers to brick, and for the garage door to get here soon. I'm really starting to get rather nervous that we will be able to get in and have Christmas in the house. I'm thinking more like the middle of January and hopefully not in an ice or snowstorm! LOL.

On the knitting front there HAS been knitting!! WOO HOO!

I've been knitting on the MS3 and am 1/2 way through Clue 4, which is amazing to me that I've gotten this far. It will be a Christmas gift, so I think I have time!


I've been working on a pair of "hunting socks" for Mr. Outdoors for his birthday...or Christmas. I haven't decided yet which they will be for. I'm kind of making them up as I go which is really new for me. I just hope I have enough yarn when I'm done!



This is the beginning of an Irish Hiking Scarf. I will most likely be a Christmas gift. I'm in the mood to start working on Christmas so I don't get overwhelmed (yeah right) in case we are moving or packing or both. But I am resigning myself to not knitting for any more birthdays except possible for Mr. outdoors'.

As far as the dyeing goes, I'm getting back into the swing, just trying to organize myself so that I'll have some time to complete.

I hope to have some time to stop by blogs soon! ((HUGS))

2 comments:

Ren said...

the girls look so cute in their first day of school picture! i remember when my mom used to do that for my first days... : )

Me said...

Rachel,
I am so glad your first week at the new job went well! I still have two weeks left of my summer, but I have to go in the next two Tuesdays for meetings, etc. And I hope to see if my new room has had everything moved into it.

I love the color of your Irish Hiking Scarf. I made one a while back and found the pattern a dream and it turned out great. I'm sure yours will too!
Jaimi